The Advanced Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program, better known as SuperUROP, is designed for MIT juniors and seniors seeking an advanced research experience working closely with a faculty advisor and producing publication-worthy results. For the 2018-2019 academic year, the year-long program was also open to students in the School of Engineering and the School of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences. Details about the 2019-2020 SuperUROP process will be available in February 2019.
For details on the program, visit the main SuperUROP information website. There, you can learn about current and past student projects in areas ranging from artificial intelligence to autonomous vehicles to adaptive flight control, and link to articles, slideshows, and video from previous years.
For more information, please also:
- Visit the SuperUROP application website early in 2019 to learn more about applying to participate in SuperUROP for 2019-2020 and view the presentation from past SuperUROP information sessions.
- Visit the MIT News website to read about the April 2018 SuperUROP Showcase poster session featuring 2017-2018 student participants and the December 2018 SuperUROP Showcase featuring 2018-2019 participants.
- Tuesday, March 5, from 4-5 p.m. in the Haus-Allen Rooms (36-428 and 36-462)
- Wednesday, March 6, from 1-2 p.m. in the CSAIL Star Conference Room, 32-D463.
- Early April 2019: Deadline to indicate intent participate in SuperUROP for 2019-2020. Details to come.
- Late April 2019: Deadline for research proposal for 2019-2020. Students will upload a short proposal (2-3 paragraphs) to the SuperUROP application website. A recommendation or letter of support from the project supervisor is also due by this date.
- Mid- to late June 2019: Announcements on funding of student SuperUROP projects for 2019-2020.
Information sessions for SuperUROP 2019-2020 will be held on:
No RSVP required. Refreshments will be served! Can't make an information session? The presentation will be available on the application site after the events.
Other important dates:
Questions? Contact the SuperUROP team at firstname.lastname@example.org.