The CDEI is developing a comprehensive set of metrics to monitor progress in diversity, equity and inclusion. The following reports are only a preview of some data we’ve gathered about EECS:
MIT Level Data
EECS Level Data
- Data about undergraduate and graduate students
- Dashboard about graduate students, including admissions and time to degree
- Data about postdocs
- Data about staff
- Data about faculty
- MIT data from the AAU Campus Climate Survey on Sexual Assault and Misconduct
- MIT-wide enrollment student survey and enrolled graduate students survey
Peer institution Data
- Data from many institutions at BPCNet
EECS DEI Bi-Annual Town Hall and Annual Reports
EECS DEI Town Hall: Twice per academic year, the EECS faculty Equity Officers and Director for DEI Programming hold a town hall to update the community of current DEI programs and solicit feedback from the community about how to continue growing the work of advancing equity within the department.
- DEI Town Hall, November 2020: Slides and breakout room feedback
- DEI Town Hall, June 2021: Slides and breakout room feedback.
- DEI Town Hall, December 2021: Slides and breakout room feedback.
- DEI Town Hall, June 2022: Slides and breakout room feedback
- DEI town Hall, November 2022: Slides and breakout room feedback
EECS DEI Annual Report: Each year the EECS faculty Equity Officers and Director for DEI Programming produce an annual report outlining the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiatives undertaken over the course of the previous year.
- 2020-21 DEI Annual Report
- 2021-22 DEI Annual Report
Petitions, Letters, Reports and Accountability Metrics from Community Voices
- Graduate Student Groups
- Graduate Labs
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the CSAIL Community by Serena Booth and Aspen Kennedy Hopkins
- Letter from the MIT Quantum Photonics Group (QPG)
- Report of the Initiative for Faculty Race and Diversity (Hammond report) January 14, 2010
- LGBTQ+ Community
- Campus Equity Offices
- Institute Discrimination and Harassment Response Office (IDHR) 2019-2020 Annual Report
- Advancing a Respectful and Caring Community: Report of the Institute Community and Equity Officer 2015
- BSU/BGSA progress, NASEM progress, July 2020 progress: MIT’s tracking of progress on recommendations
- GSC scorecard
- 2018 Recommendations Scorecard
For additional sources please see: MIT’s list of reports on the topic of diversity and inclusion.