During IAP, there are many different course offerings available, including for-credit and non-credit options. Learn a new skill, connect with others over a fun project, and explore your own potential.
Want to offer a for-credit IAP course or non-credit IAP activity in EECS? Submit your proposal here:
IAP 2024: proposals were due October 3, 2023 at 11:59pm; we are no longer accepting IAP 2024 proposals.
IAP 2025: proposals will be accepted from four weeks before Registration Day to four weeks after (generally early-August to early-October).
Considering proposing a course/activity? Read more below:
- For courses/activities that run each year, a new proposal must be submitted each cycle.
- Current MIT EECS affiliation with the department is required of all program leaders. Non-MIT course leaders, including alums, cannot be considered.
- Funding from the department is limited. You may request funding for grad/undergrad student-employees and/or materials as part of your proposal.
- Funding for employees is contingent on enrollment of 10+ students in the course.
- No funding for course operations, A/V, food, swag, etc. is available.
- Funding is available for for-credit courses only; non-credit activities should not request funding.
- Student-leaders of for-credit courses must have an EECS faculty/lecturer sponsor confirmed at the time of proposal.