The M.Eng. requires an additional 90 units of credit (in total):
- 66 units of class credit -- of these, 42 must be four Course 6 Approved Advanced Graduate Subjects AAGS), although one may be petitioned in from outside EECS. (See the list of non Course 6 AAGS classes)
- Two Math Restricted Electives (one of 6.041, 6.436, 18.05, 18.600 or 18.650; 1 of 6.042, 18.200 or 18.200A; 8.044; one of 18.06, 18.700 or 18.703; 1 of 18.04, 18.075, or 18.0751; 1 or 18.085 or 18.0851; 1 of 18.086 or 18.0861; 1 of 18.100A, 18.100B, or 18.100C; 1 of 18.300 or 18.311; 18.330; 18.781; or other math classes by petition)
- One unit of Professional Perspective credit (for students beginning the program after June 2019).
- 24 units of thesis credit (6.THM)
Detailed information on degree requirements may be found in the catalog,
AAGS Subjects in EECS: MEng students need four of these subjects totaling at least 42 units.
EECS Graduate Subjects not approved for AAGS Credit may not be used toward this requirement.
AAGS Subjects Outside EECS: MEng students may use ONE of these to satisfy the fourth AAGS Subject requirement for MEng by approval of their academic advisor to the Undergraduate Office.
Professional Perspective Requirement applies to students starting the MEng in June 2019.
Students who are registered for 6.997 are now required to fill out the PPR Form (which includes uploading (1) your offer letter with dates of employment and (2) answering three short-answer questions).
MEng Admission Requirements
- A technical GPA 4.25 or better (with letter grades in 6, 8 and 18 classes)
- 96 units in the major along with 24 units of upper-level (header, lab, or AUS) courses.
- An overall GPA of 4.0 is required by the end of the term in which students apply
- One UROP. or SuperUROP (The EECS Office may contact research supervisors for their views on candidates).
Students in their Junior or Senior year should submit a online application in November or April.
- MEng Application Website (available in November and April; see application for deadline)
- Financing the M.Eng.
- Undergraduate vs. Graduate Status
- M.Eng. Thesis Guide
- 6-A M.Eng. Thesis Program