This new 6A Entrepreneurship track will enable students to work on a venture, and provide them with the knowledge and skills to launch their idea into the real world. Students will be required to create a new idea/prototype/demo that is thesis-worthy.
Students will receive a fellowship funded by the department to allow them to work on their idea/project full-time over a 6-month period, with the expectation of launching their venture upon graduation. Their project will also serve as the basis for their MEng thesis.
- Course 6 MEng Student: Must be accepted into the MEng program
- Must be in good academic standing
- Committed to the completion of the program
- Describe a plan to build/create a prototype that would be tied to their thesis and venture.
- MIT Trust Center: Students will participate in programs like StartMIT.
- Attend a mandatory orientation before the start of the program.
- Students are required to meet regularly with assigned mentors.
- Students are required to fill out and submit a midterm progress report.
- Students are required to fill out and submit a final evaluation report.
- Demo Day: Final presentation to team members, faculty, students, and senior leadership. An email will be sent with more information and dates.
Performance: Work 6 months full-time on their venture/thesis work, and participate in 6A programming.
Communication: Students are expected to maintain open communication with their mentors. Reporting progress regularly and notifying if facing any challenges.
Professional Conduct: Students are expected to adhere to MIT’s Trust Center policies.