The 6A program enables Ph.D. students to gain real-world experience prior to graduation.
In addition to gaining 3-months of practical experience for your Professional Perspective requirements, students can earn a significant and competitive salary while on their internship. Students gain relationships with their employers, work on projects/assignments, and take on increasingly responsible roles in their work sessions. Students who complete the program are highly sought after and often receive offers from employers.
- Attend a mandatory orientation before the start of their internship.
- Registration for 6A is 6.9940 or 6.9950 (1 unit). This course provides academic credit for the Professional Perspective subject.
- Students are required to complete and submit an initial work or project scope (1-pager) within the first 2 weeks of the internship.
- Students are required to fill out and submit a midterm progress report.
- Students are required to fill out and submit a final evaluation report
Attendance: Students are expected to be present during normal working hours and to inform their supervisor in case of absence or tardiness.
Professional Conduct: Students are expected to adhere to the company’s policies and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
Communication: Students are expected to maintain open communication with their supervisors and team members. Reporting progress regularly and notifying if facing any challenges.
Performance: Students are expected to complete assignments and projects within the stipulated deadlines as well as maintain consistent work quality.