Masterworks is the annual EECS celebration of thesis research leading to the master of science (SM) and master of engineering (MEng) degrees.
The 2019 poster session was held on the Charles M. Vest Student Street in the Stata Center. Read this article to learn more and view a slideshow, or see brief video presentations by three Masterworks participants.
MASTERWORKS GENERAL INFORMATION (2019)
Following is information about Masterworks 2019. Information about the 2020 event will be published here and emailed to eligible participants early in 2020.
Masterworks 2019 is open to recent SM and MEng graduates (those who graduated after June 2018) and those who expect to graduate in June 2019). It will be held Thursday, April 25, from 5-6:30 p.m. on the Charles M. Vest Student Street in the Stata Center (Building 32, first floor), immediately following the undergraduate SuperUROP Showcase in the same location from 3-5 p.m. Join us as current students and recent graduates present their research results! All are invited to attend. (The Masterworks registration site, which provided specifications and logos for download, is now closed; it will reopen in the spring of 2020).
Important dates for 2019:
- April 3: Declare intent to participate (on the 2019 Masterworks registration site).
- April 12: Submit name, thesis title, and name of thesis advisor (on the 2019 Masterworks registration site).
- April 12: Masterworks preparation workshop (see below).
- April 19: Upload presentations (on the 2019 Masterworks registration site) by 11:59 p.m. Be sure to follow the instructions and use the poster template.
Masterworks Prep Workshop: Masterworks participants are also invited to a free Masterworks preparation workshop on Friday, April 12, from 3 to 4:30 p.m. in 26-168. Pre-registration is requested.
Have more questions about Masterworks? See our FAQs.
PREVIOUS MASTERWORKS EVENTS
- 2018 Masterworks article and videos
- 2017 Masterworks article and photos
- 2016 Masterworks photos
- 2015 Masterworks
- 2014 Masterworks