Read over this checklist before you hand in two identical copies of your thesis at the Undergraduate Office, 38-476
Are your margins at least one inch on top and bottom and both sides? If your thesis is two-sided it must be two-sided throughout the document, including the prefatory pages. Odd-numbered pages should be on the right, even-numbered pages on the left.
- Does your title page look like the sample title pages? Check the copyright and the sentence right after it that starts "The author hereby...". Use the date/month of your degree (June, February or September), NOT the month you're submitting it.
- Only one title page and one abstract page are required for each thesis copy. The abstract must look a lot like the one here. It should be page two, right after your title page, and must be on its own page.
- There must be a Table of Contents, and if there are any figures, a List of Figures. There must be a properly formatted bibliography.
- Make sure that there is only one continuous sequence with the title page counting as page 1. This includes all appendices, etc. Check that all of your pages are included, in the right order. It's easy and extremely common to miss a few pages deep in the middle of the document. Count all the way through it.
- Make sure you have printed your two final copies on acid-free paper. There is a 'thesis' printer at CopyTech that provides this paper automatically.
- Are your submission copies properly covered in cardboard, held together only with clips, with the front covers clearly labeled? [Copies, Binders, Labels, and Clips]
- Have you and your supervisor signed the title page of the submission copies? These must be original, not digital, signatures. The third signature (Dr. LaCurts') will be provided later. [See Section 26] If it's a 6A thesis, has your company thesis supervisor also signed the title page and do you have your release letter? [See Section 28]
- Are your margins at least one inch on top and bottom and both sides? If your thesis is two-sided it must be two-sided throughout the document, including the prefatory pages. Odd-numbered pages should be on the right, even-numbered pages on the left.
Items to be Submitted at 38-476:
- Grade Sheet: Have you and your supervisor completed your thesis grade sheet/receipt form? ( Also available in the Course VI Undergraduate Office) [See Section 20]. Be sure to bring in two copies of the thesis grade sheet if you want a receipt, so that we can stamp your copy. We do not provide thesis receipts otherwise.
- Receipt from DSpace (go here to submit it)
- Receipt from Exit Survey
- Two copies of the Thesis