2020/2021 Membership Information
The MIT EECS Alliance connects MIT’s Department of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science (EECS) with innovative organizations and companies globally.
Through the MIT EECS Alliance, our Department aims to closely work with Industry to achieve four important goals:
- Help create a pipeline of new engineers and scientists ready to "hit the ground running" and solve industry's most pressing challenges and problems.
- Help shape a more equitable, diverse, and inclusive future for our industry members.
- Facilitate seamless transitions between the world of MIT and the world of industry.
- Open our students' eyes to the diverse career paths and exciting opportunities available in EE, CS, and AI & D.
The MIT EECS Alliance is recruiting industry members at two levels:
Core Membership - Become part of the EECS ecosystem
- Connect with the next generation of tech innovators through the 6A program, bringing MIT undergraduate, master of engineering, and PhD students into your organization for 3- to 6-month full-time internships.
- Help shape student research initiatives and jumpstart junior faculty's careers.
- Join the fall EECS Career fair and begin building relationships early!
- Table and network at two recruiting events per year.
- Directly publicize your company's openings and offerings to MIT's EECS students.
- Meet students where they're at: office hours, industry-focused coffee chats, and mentoring programs.
- Attend selected seminars and PhD defense presentations.
- Participate in select executive seminars, guest lectures, research programs, and consortia.
- Engage with MIT EECS students in the classroom by proposing and mentoring final projects, hackathons, and other student competitions.
- Easily connect with students conducting groundbreaking research and inquiry in niche technical areas.
- Take a seat on our industry advisory board and have a voice in how students are prepared for the next generation of technological advancement.
Affiliate Membership - Connect with students
The Affiliate membership is a reduced version of the Core Membership, allowing members to interact with our students by:
- Joining the MIT 6A program that connects MIT students with 3- to 6-month full-time internships.
- Participating in the Fall EECS Career Fair.
- Tabling and networking at two recruiting events per year.
- Directly publicizing your company's openings and offerings to MIT's EECS students.
- Meeting students where they're at: office hours, industry-focused coffee chats, and mentoring programs.
- Attending selected PhD-defense presentations and EECS seminars.
For more information about the EECS Alliance, please contact:
Aude Oliva email@example.com / Tomás Palacios firstname.lastname@example.org (EECS Industry Officers) or Cynthia Skier email@example.com
This description of EECS Alliance benefits replaces any previous membership descriptions. EECS Alliance activities and fees may change in subsequent years.
Last update: 7/16/21