It is the sole responsiblity of a student in the MEng program to find a thesis topic and a supervisor. Please consider the following suggestions when searching for a topic for a thesis and/or a supervisor:
- After peforming well in a course or a research program, please speak with faculty or staff members about working with them on a longer project.
- Read research group websites and technical papers in your fields of interest.
- Speak with a faculty advisor, member of the undergraduate office, in order to help define your interests. Speak with PhD students, professors, and lecturers to recommend faculty.
- Read the Research Supervisors list and MEng Thesis Research Opportunities in CSAIL.
- Consider attending colloquia and seminars held by research labs and the Department; attend Graduate Area Open Houses.