The Thriving Stars Advisory Board, composed of highly accomplished academics and business leaders, will be at the forefront of the department’s efforts for systemic improvement for gender representation. Those board members include:
· Maria Klawe, President of Harvey Mudd College (Co-chair)
· Asu Ozdaglar, Mathworks Professor, Department Head of EECS MIT, and the Deputy Dean for Academics in the Stephen A. Schwarzman College of Computing. (Co-chair)
· Anne Dinning, Managing Director of D. E. Shaw & Co., L.P.
· Susan Dumais, Technical Fellow at Microsoft and Director of the Microsoft Research Labs in New England, New York City and Montreal
· Carol Espy-Wilson, Professor within the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and the Institute for Systems Research at the University of Maryland.
· Susan Hockfield, Professor of Neuroscience and President Emerita at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
· Leslie A. Kolodziejski, Graduate Officer and Professor of Electrical Engineering in EECS.
· Aude Oliva, Director of Strategic Industry Engagement, MIT Schwarzman College of Computing
· Songyee Yoon, Chief Strategy Officer and President of NCSOFT