3. Off-Campus Research


Thesis research generally takes place in laboratories operated by MIT.

All MEng theses must have an MIT faculty supervisor or an approved MIT research staff supervisor along with a supervisor from the 6A program or approved laboratory.

Students in the 6A MEng Thesis Program and those doing research at MIT Lincoln Lab, Charles Stark Draper Laboratory, the Joint Program with Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Whitehead Institute, The Broad Institute, or Harvard Teaching Hospitals must submit letters from these institutions along with MEng thesis proposals and final documents.


Previous: Administration and Registration | Next: Copyright