The Advanced Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program, better known as SuperUROP, is designed for MIT juniors and seniors seeking an advanced research experience working closely with a faculty advisor and producing publication-worthy results. For the 2018-2019 academic year, the year-long program was open to students in the School of Engineering and the School of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences. Details about the 2019-2020 SuperUROP process will be available in early 2019.
To learn more:
- Visit the SuperUROP information website to learn about projects undertaken by students, faculty, and researchers during the 2017-2018 academic year, and to read articles about previous years' SuperUROP activities as well.
- Visit the SuperUROP application website early in 2019 to learn more about applying to participate in SuperUROP for 2019-2020 and view the presentation from past SuperUROP information sessions.
- Visit the MIT News website to read about the May 2018 SuperUROP Showcase poster session and view a short video on the event.
- Late February to mid-March 2019: One-hour information sessions will be held for students interested in SuperUROP for 2019-2020 (dates, times, and places to be announced).
- Early April 2019: Deadline to indicate intent participate in SuperUROP for the 2019-2020. Details to come.
- April 30, 2019: Deadline for research proposals. Upload a short proposal (2-3 paragraphs) to the SuperUROP application website. A recommendation or letter of support from the project supervisor is also due by this date.
- Mid- to late June 2018: Announcements on funding of student SuperUROP projects for 2019-2020.
Questions? Contact the SuperUROP team at email@example.com.