Please visit web.mit.edu/covid19/ for the latest MIT updates.
Note: This EECS page, created in tandem with MIT's coronavirus response, is updated as new information becomes available. Most recent update: July 7, 2020.
Dear EECS Community:
EECS leadership is tracking the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak carefully with frequent discussions. We are in close contact with Institute leadership and our medical professionals, and we are monitoring the decisions made by our peer universities. Our goal is to protect the health and well-being of our community without unduly disrupting the education, research, and work of our students, faculty, and staff.
Given the constantly evolving situation, we will be providing regular updates on our policies and guidelines on this website.
MIT Phase 1 research ramp-up started on Monday, June 15, at 8a.m. Please see message dated June 14, 2020. Please follow guidelines mentioned in the "FAQ on returning to work on campus" Most recent update: July 1, 2020. *NEW*
- Classes: TBA
- Pre-Registration, Summer Grading, Summer UROP, Surveys of Students and Subjects, & Scenarios for the Fall: Please go here for updates
MEETINGS AND EVENTS:
- Faculty lunches: We now host faculty meetings via Zoom. Faculty members have received an email from the department leadership with Zoom-related information.
- All meetings and events: All MIT business should be done remotely, unless there is no other alternative. Public health guidelines emphasize that minimizing person-to-person interactions is critical to limiting the spread of the virus. To be clear, any MIT meeting — research, academic, or administrative — that can be done remotely must be done remotely.
FACULTY SEARCH FY21:
- Interviews: TBD.
- Visit Schedules: TBD.
EECS Leadership Team
MIT INFORMATION FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS:
- Graduate students update *NEW*
- MIT Vice-Chancellor's March 13 Letter to Graduate Students, Advisors, and Supervisors
INFORMATION FOR UNDERGRADUATES:
- For additional undergraduate housing, housing exceptions, and other Institute-wide info, please visit the main MIT COVID-19 website.
INFORMATION FOR MIT EMPLOYEES:
INFORMATION ON ACADEMICS:
INFORMATION ON RESEARCH:
MIT PRESIDENT'S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- MIT President's July 7 Letter: "Further decisions about the Fall semester" *NEW*
- MIT President's June 17 Letter: "Initial decisions about fall at MIT"
- MIT President's May 5 Letter: "Planning for Summer and fall"
Following are email addresses for COVID related questions:
- Educational continuity: email@example.com
- Events exception requests/concerns: COVIDevents@mit.edu
- HR support for MIT employees: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student support: email@example.com
- Travel cancellations and expensing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Travel/events/visitor policies: email@example.com
- Travel exception requests/concerns (provost/chancellor): COVIDtravel@mit.edu
The following fall 2020 EECS events have been canceled due to the COVID-19 outbreak:
- TBD *NEW*
The following spring 2020 EECS events have been canceled due to the COVID-19 outbreak:
- SuperUROP Showcase poster session (originally scheduled for April 23).
- Masterworks thesis-research poster session (originally scheduled for April 23).
- SuperUROP Closing Reception (originally scheduled for May 7).
Send updates to firstname.lastname@example.org.