Appendix E. Sample VI-A Title Page with Copyright to MIT
The Electrical and Optical Characterization
of the InGaAs/InP Alloy System
John M. Doe
[Previous/Other degree information: i.e.: S.B. EE, M.I.T., 1997]
Submitted to the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
in Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for the Degree of
Master of Engineering in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
All rights reserved.
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
May 17, 2010
|[Supervisor's Name and Title] Thesis Supervisor May 17, 2010|
|[Co-Supervisor's Name and Title] Thesis Co-Supervisor May 17, 2010|
|Prof. Dennis M. Freeman, Chairman, Masters of Engineering Thesis Committee|
Read over this checklist before you hand two identical copies of your thesis in at the Undergraduate Office.
- Are your margins at least one inch on top and bottom and both sides? If your thesis is two-sided it must be two-sided throughout the document, including the prefatory pages. Odd-numbered pages should be on the right, even-numbered pages on the left.
- Does your title page look exactly like the sample in Appendix D or Appendix E? Check the copyright and the sentence right after it that starts "The author hereby...".
- Only one title page and abstract are now required for each thesis copy. The abstract must look a lot like the one in Appendix C. It should be page two, right after your title page.
- Make sure that there is only one continuous sequence with the title page counting as page 1. This includes all appendices, etc. Check that all of your pages are included, in the right order. It's easy and extremely common to miss a few pages deep in the middle of the document. Count all the way through it.
- Make sure you have printed your two final copies on watermarked acid-free paper. There is a 'thesis' printer at CopyTech that provides this paper automatically.
- Are your submission copies properly covered in cardboard, held together only with clips, with the front covers clearly labeled? [See Section 12.7]
- Have you and your supervisor signed the title page of the submission copies? The third signature (Prof. Freeman's) will be provided later. [See Appendix D] If VI-A thesis, has your company thesis supervisor also signed the title page and do you have your release letter? [See Appendix E]
- Have you and your supervisor completed your thesis grade sheet/receipt form? (Available in the Course VI Undergraduate Office) [See Section 12.8]